Tema: Laikrodžiai
View Single Post
Old 2020-08-20, 08:25   #470
Valdas

Statusas: Ištikimas MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Vilnius

Valdas is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Kaip supratau powermatic 80 yra swatch mechanizmas, o kite ETA.

Ka radau apie powermatic, tai downgradintas etos.

I feel that it is a downgrade from the good old eta 2824, and I actually prefer a Sellita to a Powermatic movement. I really don't see the point of a longer reserve on an automatic, since It winds constantly as it is worn. I feel it was primarily done for marketing and cost reasons. But, if you must have a Powermatic 80, then get the COSC version with Silicon hairspring, ETA cal. 80.811. It will have a traditional long-life metal/ruby lever and wheel escapement, and come fully hand-adjusted (more accurate than laser alone) from the factory. The basic ETA C07.111 version used in the Tissot and the Certina, takes out the pallet stones and replaces the lever and wheel with PLASTIC, making this movement an unadjustable throwaway! These are clearly identified with 23 jewels instead of 25 jewels. They claim this reduces friction, but it's an unacceptable sacrifice in the name of increased power capacity. Thankfully, Hamilton, Mido and Rado knew better than to use this crapper in their PM 80 versions.

PM 80 Downsides:
1) a slower beat rate is less demanding and typically used in cheaper, less reliable movements = less overall accuracy and choppier seconds hand.
2) replacing a regulator with balance screws = no easy way to adjust for best accuracy, requiring purchase of the COSC version.
3) thinner mainspring = shorter life span and replacement at servicing.
4) Some base versions: Plastic lever and escape wheel, removal of 2 ruby pallet stones = shorter life span, greater risk of breakage, and replacement at servicing